Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation questions Premio2G110

Hello,
    I am almost finished the hearth and my Premio2G110 will be arriving next week. I am planning to enclose the oven in a Gabled house design. As we live in Vermont I will plan to use the oven even in the depth of winter. Any suggestions to further insulate the oven or will the included materials/ceramic blankets be sufficient?
    Thanks,
    Peter

Re: Insulation questions Premio2G110

Hi DocHop,

Heidi here from Forno Bravo, the blankets we provide are sufficient for you to use your oven year round. If you have questions feel free to contact me, here or at 1-800-407-5119 ext 14

Thanks,
    Heidi

Comment

Originally posted by DocHop View Post
      Hello,
      I am almost finished the hearth and my Premio2G110 will be arriving next week. I am planning to enclose the oven in a Gabled house design. As we live in Vermont I will plan to use the oven even in the depth of winter. Any suggestions to further insulate the oven or will the included materials/ceramic blankets be sufficient?
      Thanks,
      Peter
      I had the same question. I wrapped my Casa 100 with three layers of the FB blanket and then built a gabled house around it. Just to be safe, I filled the space between the oven and the gabled house with 8 cu. ft. of loose perculite. It was probably overkill, but my experience last weekend proved to me that the oven holds heat really well.

Last Saturday, we fired the oven and cooked pizzas. I put the door on around 8 PM with hot coals inside and the oven temp was at 650. The next day at noon it was still at 475, and only fell to 450 by 3:00 PM. I had to open the door for an hour to cool it down to cook a beef roast. Once I opened the door, the coals started glowing again and the oven held steady at 375. I ended up cooking the roast with the door about 2" open (trying to drop it to 325), the roast cooked in 1.5 hours instead of 2.5 and I overcooked it!

Comment

Hi m1mckinlay,

As you noted, the coals came alive when you removed the door. Fresh oxygen rushed in to revive them. Most folks rake out the coals and unburned wood before covering the entrance, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers,
        Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Bob, thanks for the advice! Your post prompted me to do some reading on backdraft, and I'm glad to have learned the lesson via your post instead of first hand. I appreciate you saving me from an explosion!

Comment

Great advice ....thank you all !

Comment

DocHop,

I am also filling my Casa2g100 vacant area inside my gabled enclosure wiht fireprrof Vermiculite insulation I located at the local Menards store. I have set the oven and insulated it, steel frame enclosure with Durock cement board. My enclosure was a bit large so I am using 10 bags to fill in the open area. I will start the exterior natural rock effort this weekend and then begin the cure process. From the sounds of the heat retention from M1McKinlay it should work fiine.....once I am complete, oven cured, and cooking I will post back and let you kknow how it works out for me here in Nebraska....will be close to winter by then...

Comment

very interesting post. is there anything else you can do as far as cooling it down manually so you dont run into problems like M1Mckinlay did with his roast?
                also, as far as a thermometer, im most cases is it detached or mounted in the brickwork?
                thanks
                Paul (planning stages)

Comment

Originally posted by m1mckinlay View Post
                  I appreciate you saving me from an explosion!
                  Are you burning dynamite instead of wood?

Most of the stuff you see on movies is all make believe.....
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by MK1 View Post
                    Started at 5AM firing the oven. It was a little hot (800F) at one when the bread had to go in so I used an electric leaf blower to bring the temps down.
                    Just be sure to rake it out first!

Comment

Working...
                    X