• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• azatty
    replied
    Re: Vent transition for clay flue liner

Originally posted by garch View Post
    Azatty--thank you so much! I hardly slept last night thinking about this. I am stealing this idea, with a few modifications.
    Glad that I could help out. Others' posts triggered my evolution, so by all means, post your modifications to it so it can be improved upon.

Leave a comment:

• eatingmorefood
    replied

David,
    I do like all the kits and designs on this website. I have sent many people here. You hit the nail on the head. We used about 40 pizza stones in this oven. Our stones are USA made and good for 2400 f. The overall thickness is 3 inches once you slice them up and cement them together. They are $22.95 US and measure 14 in. x 16 in. Thicker than other stones on the market, ours are lead free, pure blend of clays. We used mortar mix with extra sand. My oven with a pile of hardwood, paper and twigs gets up to 900F in 30-45 minutes, depends how fast we pump the bellow. Air flow is perfect. We followed the universal ratio for the entrance and chamber. The hidden transition appeared in a dream. The free recycled components of the oven make the pizza taste even better. Especially after a large glass of Cabernet ! Drinking Moscato now as it's HOT. We use 1 on the BBQ grill too. Another reason to cook outdoors.
    thank you,
    Chef

Pizza Making Supplies, Pizza ovens, DIY pizza ovens, DIY wood oven, Cutter, Pizza Stone, pizza knife, spice shaker, crushed red pepper, grilling pizza, grilled pizza, pizza BBQ, BBQ pizzas, make pizza on grill, making grilled pizza, smoked pizza, woo

Leave a comment:

• garch
    replied

Azatty--thank you so much! I hardly slept last night thinking about this. I am stealing this idea, with a few modifications.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Mots
    replied

Thanks for the heads up, enjoyed your post's.

I got it opened up.

Question, how does the flew work with the chimney and or vent pipe?

Thanks again for the info.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Mots; 03-26-2012, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eatingmorefood
    replied

David,
    these thick quality USA made pizza stones have not cracked with 10 firings so far. Our partner co. make these in IL (for 75 years) they are fired to over 2000 F. and come with a 1 year warranty.
    If heat breaks it, this will be a first that I have heard. I keep a 16 in. round for the 22 in. Kettle BBQ too.
    Cheers !
    EatingMoreFood

Leave a comment:

• eatingmorefood
    replied

Gary,
    The site has an ADD THIS icon at the top, that takes a few seconds to load, it lets people share with twitter and facebook and basically it is slow loading.
    I think cleaning out your COOKIES on the computer might make it work better. i was just there on 2 computers and it works fine ??
    Again, you guys are amazing ovenbuilders and the transitions are amazing. thanks!
    EatingMoreFood

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

It only works fine if you buy lots of their pizza stones.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Mots
    replied

Eating More, every time I go to that site, my computer freezes up and I have to do a cnt alt delete?

Leave a comment:

• eatingmorefood
    replied

You guys are truly quite detailed with these transitions. I used a recycled stainless steel "Food Pan" cut a hole and welded a 8 inch stove pipe flange to it, on top of that sits a 6 ft. stove pipe chimney (oven works great) : pictures here: DIY pizza, Pizza Making Supply, DIY Pizza oven, DIY pizza-ovens, DIY wood ovens, pizza Cutter, Pizza Stones, pizza knives, spice shakers, cheese shakers, crushed red pepper shaker, grill pizza, grill pizza, pizza Q, BBQ pizza, make pizza grill, makin Oven is built of mostly "FREE" recycled materials !

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied

CAD, me? I am laughing. I use pencilcad 2000 for my design work. I never had the time to learn and my job is just getting busier - with the price of copper so high, the company has us working on a lot of projects.

I am still working on how to deal with a corner install for the roof transition. My thoughts are to take the brick back over the dome to push the chimney to the center for easier framing.....

My hopes are that with 2 weeks off for the last part of the year that I could get the work done so I can start the framing design. Now to deal with 24 foot steel frame rails that are so prevalent for the heavy guages. Flatbed anyone?

Hope you all have a restful weekend.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• azatty
    replied

Originally posted by C5dad View Post
    Atty,

Great job on the brick transition. I have torn my old one out and am playing with a temp until I could figure something out. I think you may have broke the code from my perspective. And here I was getting ready to cast a transition.
    I'm just up the road if you need to see it in person. I'm just now starting the steel framing for the enclosure, so the front is still exposed. But you're a better engineer than I am, so you'll probably have a CAD of a superior design in a couple days anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

I like that. I am planning a small fire place type look for my entry. I will have to study on your transition a little closer. Great job! Please keep us informed on how it performs.

PS, Just in case that I don't finish my oven by Christmas: Do you know any good lawyers in the southeast who specialize the BIG D
    Last edited by Gulf; 11-27-2011, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied

Atty,

Great job on the brick transition. I have torn my old one out and am playing with a temp until I could figure something out. I think you may have broke the code from my perspective. And here I was getting ready to cast a transition.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

That is an excellent solution, I'm sure it will work extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• azatty
    replied

Last picture showing buttressing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X