Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

I built my oven and while curing it, I've found it seems to work well without a chimney. Smoke/heat in the face doesn't seem to be an issue. I'll try cooking some pizzas in a few days and will re-evaluate things then.

so i'm curious, has anyone else gone chimneyless?
    Last edited by markgbe; 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM.

Re: Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Hi Mark,
    It is preferable to have a chimney flue to help your oven "breath better". You want your oven to vent properly. Otherwise, you may risk getting a large amount of smoke. We provide double wall piping at an affordable price. Take a look at our online store for sizes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our tech support at 800-407-5119. We are more than happy to help.

Comment

"has anyone else gone chimneyless?"

There are probably thousands of "chimneyless" pizza ovens in Italy and Croatia. In fact, I would say that it may be the norm for outdoor ovens there.
      Last edited by Neil2; 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I would go chimney-less if I built again. When you are firing the oven up you don't stand in front of it, and when you are cooking you are only using the embers? I have not bothered with a door yet either, and can still make great pizzas!

Comment

well, i cooked some pizzas in in this past weekend and they turned out great so i'll definitely be going without a chimney. I even cooked these without my oven insulated (ceramic blanket still enroute via UPS)

Comment

Working...
          X