Indoor chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor chimney

Has anyone used the Duravent DVL pipe? It's stainless on the inside and galvanized on the outside. Looks like it might be a good option for indoor applications. I really need to make a 90 degree turn to vent out the wall.

Re: Indoor chimney

The class A systems do not offer 90 degree elbows because code will not allow for 90 degree elbows. To meet code any solid fuel appliance will need to be vented with a class A system.

Comment

Now I'm really confused. Looking at the website for Duravent, they have options that use stovepipe inside the house with a 90 then attach to a Duratech Class A chimney that goes through the wall thimble to a Tee/cleanout then up the side of the house.

If you can do it for a wood stove, then why not a wood fired oven oven?

Comment

Generally they look at wood fired ovens as fireplaces because there is no direct code that relates to them. If you can get them to ok venting like a wood stove that method would be fine, but then you don't need the fancy class B vent you were looking at, you simply need the cheap black single wall stove pipe that you can buy cheap at any hardware store right around the corner.

You really need to talk to the inspector and see what THEY want, because they make the rules. This is a grey area which leaves lots of room for interpretation.

Comment

I agree. I'm waiting to hear back. I'll call again on Monday.

Comment

Working...
          X