Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace and pizza oven shared chimney indoors

Hey Guys,

We are in the idea stage of designing a warming house for the local skating pond in Southern Wisconsin, and we want to have an indoor fireplace and pizza oven, but would like to use the same chimney.

This is a concept drawing... does anything seem out of place?...any concerns?

Thanks,

Rooster

Re: Fireplace and pizza oven shared chimney indoors

I'm not a pro, but I think you'll want to run two separate flues inside a larger masonry chimney (rather than dumping both into a common flue). Even if it's not required by code, it'll be easier to control the drafts individually.

Comment

Your biggest challenge is aesthetics if you are going to tie in a metal flue into a masonry chimney. As far as functionality in concerned, it will work fine. Draw characteristics on outdoor fireplaces differ than indoor ones...I don't see a problem tieing in your wfo flue, especially that high into the fp flue.
      Last edited by stonecutter; 04-23-2013, 07:46 AM.
      Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
      John Ruskin

Comment

Here's a great solution in a 400 y.o. villa, now a restaurant, in Panzano, Italy.Great food by the way.
        One of the big advantages of this system is that you don't have an entry to have to work past. No extra flue either.
        Last edited by david s; 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

That is similar to the way early American Beehive ovens are built, but most beehives had their own flue.
          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
          John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
          X