Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tandoor Oven

So, do all roads lead to Forno Bravo?

I was reading the web about masonry/wood/pizza ovens and ran across a reference to Tandoor ovens. A little searching (two clicks) .... and I find Tandoor Oven Construction Progress

Back at FB, I do a Tandoor search and here's the same reference....I realize it's Robert Musa's site!

Now Robert, I notice your last post was about 18 months ago.....how about an update on the Tandoor. Are you still using it? How has it held up? What's your thought on the pot and the insulation? I'm intrigued...

Also, have you tried roasted corn? I'll post the recipe in the veg recipe site too....We have a good Indian friend who taught us about this fast food dish.....basically roast your corn until about 1/2 of the kernals are blackened. Now, cut a lime in half and sprinkle with salt. Rub that on the corn and eat. (Really, give it a try it's great. We switched from butter after we had this) I've done it on the BBQ and over an open fire and it will work equally well on the Tuscan Grill in your oven.

Jim
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Tandoor Oven

Hey Jim

Just until i read your post i had never heard of a tandoor oven. You have given me another project to add to my oven construction for the summer.
    Thanks for the great post with all the great detail. I hope to find more like yours and will be sure to add one myself for future pizza makers.

Comment

Re: Tandoor Oven

Keith, that was not my oven but another FB poster, Robert Musa...I'm still hoping to hear what his thoughts are on it after using it for a while. It looks relatively cheap, simple and fun...and I love Indian foods....Jim
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
      X