Flue stretcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue stretcher

I am about to get one of these....I think it will make a easier transition through a metal roof, less weight also.........Gelco Flue Stretcher Thoughts?
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Re: Flue stretcher

I did not find the answer on their site, but make sure that it is insulated. Or be prepared to make some other adjustments that might not make it quite so easy a transition.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I don't get it. Flue stretcher... for a transition through a roof?

Why not this Chimney Supplies, Parts, Wood Stove Catylytics, Liner Insert Boots, Thimbles

Quite pricy...

Perhaps some pictures would help.

Comment

I intend to put a single plane independant metal roof over the oven. The oven has a 30"x8" square clay tile surrounded by brick filled with loose vermiculite. I am concerned with weight. The chimney will pass through the roof and flashed at the clay tile, and that leaves 2" sticking through. This is roughly 8' high at this point. The stretcher will go on after that for a little more height without the weight. I should have been more clear with the transition term. This is a old and not very good picture....there has been progress since. There is a 9 course square brick wall around the oven that has 3" side and 4" on top insulation,to be followed with loose vemiculite then topped with vermicrete then stucco. Square with a round top. I like the idea of metal penny tile mosaic on the top of the stucco. I've been trying to drive the moisture out before I go further, but it has been raining a lot....I am getting sick and tired of tarps....The roof will be a good thing around here.
        " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Working...
        X