Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about scratch coat over perlcrete

Howdy from Texas,

We're in the final stages of building a small WFO for pizza mainly, but not bread -- so it's a bit thin on the insulation.

I'm at the point where I need to throw the scratch coat over the perlcrete. Not sure how / what the weight of the scratch coat is... so my question is:

Do I need to attach the lath somehow to the perlcrete before I start slathering on the scratch coat.

After the scratch, we're on to the stucco, and I assume that just goes right over the scratch so it adheres.

I understand that I'm not allowed to post URLs, so if you're curious about where I'm at in the project, you can look to my profile.

Thanks in advance all

Re: Question about scratch coat over perlcrete

Insulation is not just for bread, MASS is for bread. You should use some more, both on the top of the dome and the rear of the dome. As for finishing it, make the first scratch coat a little loose, i.e. wet, and slop it on. You can then tighten it up for the brown coat.

Comment

Looking at your build, I see that you put the vent inside the oven proper. If I were you, I would remedy that while it is still relatively simple. Close the opening off, and move the chimney forward to the front of the oven. Your opening into the oven might be a tad short, but still much better than with the vent inside. Other than that, a good looking oven, good build.

You can contact me at 512.821.3303, and I will be happy to stop by and show you guys how to fix it before you finish it.

Edit- My name is Tom, because calling a business and asking for "tscarborough" is awkward.
      Last edited by Tscarborough; 10-01-2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Pizza Oven Project

Comment

That's quite a nice offer Tscar! Woodchopgirl, you're getting the benefit of a lot of expertise there. Take him up on it!
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
          X