Finally got my door made.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my door made.

I finally got around to making my door. Stainless with 2" ceramic foam insulation.
    Used one of the ideas from here and bought a couple of chipping hammers for the handles. Bent some 1/2" stainless rod for feet. Threaded the ends of the handles and feet to bolt the assembly together. Also not the nice Forno Bravo thermometer in the center.

Re: Finally got my door made.

Looks fantastic! I am jealous - I want one!

Comment

Thanks, One of these days I might actually get this puppy done?

Comment

Originally posted by lmontee View Post
        I finally got around to making my door. Stainless with 2" ceramic foam insulation.
        Used one of the ideas from here and bought a couple of chipping hammers for the handles. Bent some 1/2" stainless rod for feet. Threaded the ends of the handles and feet to bolt the assembly together. Also not the nice Forno Bravo thermometer in the center.
        Nice work. Baking is now in your future.....
        Chip

Comment

That is a nice door...How much to make me one?
          You should think about going into business...WFO-Doors-R-Us !!!
          You could make tens, maybe even hundreds of dollars!

Comment

Couldn't sell 'em for what it cost. $125 for the stainless sheet metal, $12 for the chipping hammers, $20 Forno Bravo Thermometer, $70 for Insulation...which I only used about a third of. Total=$227! Ouch! But I still think it turned out well.
            Cheers

Comment

lmontee,

what is your countertop made of? Concrete with glass? Looks great and really interesting!

Comment

Actually, that is natural stone! Look up Meteorus Granite on Google. It comes from Brazil. That isn't glass in there, those are garnets the size of quarters, along with other natural crystals. I actually scored on that. We had a granite shop going out of business and they had a partially cut slab in their bone yard. Asked the guy how much for a 14"x60" piece along with a 24"x24" (that I'm planning on using for a dough board) The guy quoted me $300 if I wanted the edges polished, asked him "How much without the edges polished...$60!!! It's real cool stone and looks much better in person. I believe it's readily available anywhere granite tabletop material is sold.
                Cheers
                Bigg Larr AKA lmontee

Comment

Door looks great!
                  George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Working...
                  X