Outer Oven Arch material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer Oven Arch material

Hello all. I have a Premio 2G110, and im near the end of completion. I want to create a stone/brick archway at the front of the refractory dome opening. My question pertains to the type of material that I can safely use and the means to attach it. The surrounding area of the structure will be covered in a cultured stone vaneer that is around 2" thick (counting the mortar too).

A second, and widely used, option is to create the outer arch out of brick. The brick is NOT firebrick. it is clay however. The cultured stone is a concrete product. This is going to be used only on the entrance of the oven where it meets the landing.

Has anyone used a cultured stone product (not to be confused with real stone)?

website of the cultured stone material I am using on the outside of the structure,
    Eldorado Stone - Fieldledge

Re: Outer Oven Arch material

You should direct your question to Forno Bravo as they are the manufacturers. The inner parts of the oven will expand on heating and depending on the oven design may cause the outer decorative arch to crack as it will have expansion stress against it.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
    X