Too close to a wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too close to a wall?

If building too close to a wall or fence, particularly if you are building an igloo, can present problems when finishing the outer shell render because it gets really difficult to apply particularly near the base of the dome. There is hardly any space to be able to work easily and the tiny gap that results tends to accumulate leaves etc. It is doubly worse if the oven is built close to a corner as there are two walls to deal with. Here is a solution that overcomes the problem. Just use some vermicrete to fill the space as required then render and waterproof over it.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Re: Too close to a wall?

Hello David

That is a neat solution to the problem.

As my oven is under cover weather proofing is not a problem it is just to get the finished look.

I am probable going to cover the dome with sandstone flagstone fragments about 3/4" thick. Not completely decided yet but I need something to hide my stucco work and add interest to the dome. I am tiling the entry way surround at the moment.

David

Comment

Re: Too close to a wall?

Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
      Hello David

That is a neat solution to the problem.

As my oven is under cover weather proofing is not a problem it is just to get the finished look.

I am probable going to cover the dome with sandstone flagstone fragments about 3/4" thick. Not completely decided yet but I need something to hide my stucco work and add interest to the dome. I am tiling the entry way surround at the moment.

David
      Nice. Check out " Trencadis"
      It's a technique developed by Gaudi for tiling compound curves. It may suit your sandstone fragments.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
      X