Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chımneys

Hi,

I am planning my installation for an outdoor oven (Casa 90 or 100) and have height restrıctions because of the site. Does anyone know how the flue - chımney height affects the oven function? What is the least amount of height above the vent openıng you need to have? I realize that the hot aır needs to escape and be away from the user, but what about height for air draw?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tony

Re: Chımneys

Do a search for chimmney on the forum. I posted a couple of links that deal with this and two of them were technical with formulas.

Basically the higher the chimney height the higher the pressure differential, ie. the better the draw. You can compensate somewhat by increasing the size but once you get below a certain height it probably wouldn't make much difference.

Sorry, I haven't crunched the numbers. I finished mine before I found the links. I have a 42" pompeii and a 36" high (12" transition + 24" Duratech 8" dia) and mine draws plenty well.
    Wade Lively

Comment

remember that an oven can function without a chimney, at the expense of good draw (likely a bigger issue as you get it started) and more smoke in your eyes/on the oven face. Are you able to angle the chimney to allow a taller chimney (max angle 30 degrees), and are you able to build it to code (chimney 2ft taller than any structure within 10 feet)?

Comment

Thanks, thıs helps. I may try to angle ıt back and maybe go wıth 24 ınches of flue, possibly a somewhat wıder diameter. Luckily I am OK code-wıse.

Comment

Working...
        X