dome covering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dome covering

my oven is complete with the exception of a finish on the dome . i put a protective coat of stucco on the dome to protect it but am thinking of either brick or a thin stone venneer to finish dome . my question is would the extra weight be transferred on the dome or would it create a new dome of its own and "arch" over the existing dome . how about if i isolated the stone / brick with a ceramic blanket ? thanks for any info dave d

Re: dome covering

i put a protective coat of stucco on the dome to protect it but am thinking of either brick or a thin stone venneer to finish dome .
    >This stucco is over the insulation layer?

my question is would the extra weight be transferred on the dome or would it create a new dome of its own and "arch" over the existing dome .
    > You could do it either way, build a second dome over the existing dome with a gap between the 2 or you could use the first dome as a "form" for the second dome. the weight is not an issue or concern.

how about if i isolated the stone / brick with a ceramic blanket ?
    > I see what you are talking about you just put a coating on the dome bricks. Now you need to add the insulating layers then what ever your final finish material.
    Good luck
    http://www.palmisanoconcrete.com

Comment

uno ; i have the protective layer of stucco over the 3.5 inches of verm crete i would put a layer of .5 inch ceramic fiber blanket over this to try and isolate the two thanks dave d

Comment

Dave,

I've seen a couple pictures of your oven that show the front and I really like the look. Are there any pictures in the forum that show the side and back? I'm curious how your finished the back. Is it enclosed or dome-shaped?

Is the finish material granite? How did you cut it?

I'm not too far from Plainville (Northborough) and would love to see the oven some time if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks.

John

Comment

jet; the dome right now is covered with a protective layer of stucco . i will be covering it with thin granite in the spring .
          your welcome to check it out any time just let me know
          dave
          Last edited by dave d pizza lover; 03-09-2008, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X