inside of door treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inside of door treatment?

Door is now complete. Steps taken are shown in my album (link below if anyone interested). I have a question about the treatment I should use for the inside of oven door. It is steel and will rust over time. The outside of door is a high heat tremclad flat black but dont want this paint for the inside because of being close to food. Any ideas to stop rusting. Coat it with vegy oil or something? ....wayne
    see below for my oven album of progress to date

http://picasaweb.google.com/wayneber...PizzaOvenWorld

Re: inside of door treatment?

I wouldn't think the paint on the inside is a problem after the first firing.....I painted mine with heat proof paint and never thought about it!!

But you could treat it like a cast iron fry pan. I just coat with oil and put in the oven to cure. It creates a rust free pan as long as you take care of it. And my paella pans are the same, cheap steel pan that is oiled between use to keep it from rusting.

so, oil the back of the door, bake it and periodically oil again. That should work.

Nice door!

XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Whew...nice look...but how much does that thing weigh? You got forearms like Popeye?

Comment

Maybee about 20 pounds or so. Not light! I actually have little chicken arms but I might end up with the popeye look after dealing with this door.....wayne
        see below for my oven album of progress to date

http://picasaweb.google.com/wayneber...PizzaOvenWorld

Comment

Regardless of the weight, I love the look! Careful going in and out of the oven with that 'dozer. Mine's chipping my bricks on the reveal.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Nice problem to have...I've got the fever...waiting on "the cure".

Comment

I'm almost afraid to say this....

There are ceramic coatings for headers and exhaust maniflolds. One I have used is called jet-hot. I sent the exhaust manifold from my old car out there and it is now shiny and chrome like after 18 mos of heat cycles similar to the pizza oven. They also have other coating colors as well. I was making drawings for expanded metal and handles with a center core of isoboard. My plan was to send the metal to a Jet hot faciltiy and get it ceramic coated...

My wife thinks I'm going overboard......
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X