Need Advice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice!!

Hi so I am up to the last part of my pizza oven build. Putting on the chimney and insulating and rendering it.
    I managed to pick up an old heater chimney on gumtree and just moved the lead flashing down.
    I suddenly had a freak out this morning when going to insulate and render it that its dangerous to use lead that will be exposed to the heat.
    Does anyone have any suggestions. Can see in the photos below the lead flashing and where it'll be exposed to the heat in the arch.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2722.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	381149 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2724.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	381150

Your flue temperatures will be to high to use any lead products in that area

Comment

I agree with William on the lead. Also, if your pipe is anything but stainless steel, you will have a problem with the pipe rusting away in a couple of years. If I could not source a ss flue, I would build a receiver out of masonry or a short piece of ss, repurposed from some other use. IE: a short piece of ss pipe, an old ss pot, a ss steel fire extinguisher, etc. Installing a receiver, would allow you to replace the flue easily without having to redo any part of the entry later.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
      X