No announcement yet.

Single or Double walled Stainless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you answered your own question. It is minimal and only during a cross breeze and you can live with it. I found that if I am getting some smoke during the fire-up, I just place my door just inside the outer arch slightly angled so air can get in and it channels any smoke right up the chimney. When I add a new log or too much new wood at once I will get some smoke until the wood ignites, Once the oven is at pizza oven temp range it should be hot enough to almost immediately ignite any wood I add. FYI, my original chimney was shorter (2.5') and did add an additional 1.5' length to help with the draft so I guess it is up to you.

BTW, like the black and white photo of the oven, makes it look timeless. Also, the ovens just get better the more they are used too.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
      I think you answered your own question. It is minimal and only during a cross breeze and you can live with it. I found that if I am getting some smoke during the fire-up, I just place my door just inside the outer arch slightly angled so air can get in and it channels any smoke right up the chimney. When I add a new log or too much new wood at once I will get some smoke until the wood ignites, Once the oven is at pizza oven temp range it should be hot enough to almost immediately ignite any wood I add. FYI, my original chimney was shorter (2.5') and did add an additional 1.5' length to help with the draft so I guess it is up to you.

BTW, like the black and white photo of the oven, makes it look timeless. Also, the ovens just get better the more they are used too.
      Thank you very much! It's good to know that I always have the option to build it higher if it starts to bother me. Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

Working...
      X