chimney through roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chimney through roof

Hi all, i am still building my dome oven I will put all the pics in a new thread soon. I have a brick chimney 5 layers of bricks high, and I will be putting an 8 inch galvanized flue on top of the bricks to go through the roof of my pergola. Flue will only be going through galvanized corrugated iron (no ceiling) just wondering how other people have done this...install lead flashing around chimney?? I have lead sheet here but wondering if others have done this? if so..how? a link to a thread would be good, or some general idea's? I am on a farm in the middle of nowhere in south australia so not too concerned with council / legal issues.
    Thanks in advance. Greggo

Generally a stainless flue is required, but as yours is well away from the flame it may last a bit longer. A thing called a Dektite is generally used to seal between the pipe and roof, but get the orange rubber one which has a higher temperature rating for a single flue pipe. The lead will work as an alternative if you have it on hand.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

You mention galvanised iron most modern roof sheeting is not galvanised but such as zinc/ aluminium alloy coated .lead can not be used with these sheets so I would go with the high temp silicone flashing as suggested a double wall flue will also reduce the distance you need to be from combustible framing

Comment

Working...
      X