Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Duravent chimney through gabled roof.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Duravent chimney through gabled roof.

Hey, I'm building an enclosure around my oven to protect it from the elements. It'll be a four walled enclosure with a gabled roof. The chimney pierces through the apex of the roof. How do I seal the gap between it and the roof? All the flashing designs I can find are for a chimney that sticks up through the slope of the roof, not the peak. Any ideas?

Through the ridge is probably the easiest place you could get to install the vent. Buy a high temperature silicone flashing similar to Dektite Silicone (Australia) it will bend down both sides of the ridge. As always all timber should be at least two inches from the double walled vent pipe.

Comment

I could have ordered one from a sheet metal shop, but I found 2 regular flashings and made one for the peak. With these types of flashings you also use a 'storm collar' and silicone it to the chimney above the flashing. I'll try to attach a pic.

Comment

Heres a pic of my flashing. 2 normal flashings cut, overlapped and riveted together. Took some fiddling to get right. Storm collar is siliconed on the chimney above the flashing. Sorry, couldn't seem to crop the pic, the uploader kept telling me it was a corrupt file! Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for the pic. Yeah, that gives me some ideas. Haven't been able to work on it as it's been raining a bunch here as of late.

Comment

Working...
          X