Shed and Gable Roof Design Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed and Gable Roof Design Help Needed

I completed the building of my igloo shaped oven. Now I want to enclose it with some kind of "shed" design and a gabled roof. I want to give it an old world look. I am thinking of covering the side and rear walls with stucco and create a field stone face on the front. Does anyone have any plans for such a building or suggestions. I am also thinking of using tile for the roof.

Thanks,
    Mark in Sandy Springs, GA

Can you post some pictures of your space. It is a little hard to help give ideas with out seeing the space. I wanted a modern rustic look when I did mine. As for how to build it they are all different. YouTube has some how to videos but each oven is its own entity and will require it own design for the enclosure. We look forward to seeing what you have in mind, and would be happy to help.

Randy

Comment

FB has a whole gallery of photos you can view at the following link.

https://www.fornobravo.com/pizza-oven-gallery/
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Duh, sorry, good point.

Comment

It looks like you will need to do some funky framing and attach to the sides of your stand. I do not see enough space on top to put down the track for framing up the structure. It is still totally doable just will require some slightly out of the box building. My guess is that you will need to anchor some L metal to the stand and screw your studs to that. If you can draw a picture of what you are looking to do we can help Guide you.

Randy

Comment

I"m really off my game and not adding the right pics. Attached is a pic showing an additional wall that I've added (one each side, the back has plenty of room to lay down the frame) that should give me enough room to frame up the walls and roof.The cores are filled with concrete. I ran out of good weather before I could pour an additional hearth to be level with the original hearth.

Comment

I would not worry about pouring a cap on those side walls. Just anchor your plates directly to the filled cores.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I would have to agree with gulf. You probably won't get much more level than where you are at. When you do anchor it down I would either go with Tapcons or maybe sleeve anchors. I am not sure what you are thinking for your studs but do not go any lighter than 20 gage. I built mine with 18 gage and it is solid as a rock. It does get a little more expensive to go heavier gage but it is a small part of the total price. The best place to find what you need will be a drywall supply store/ supplier.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                X