Finishing Block Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing Block Stand

First off, I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the people that have invested time posting and helping other people on here.. My oven would probably resemble something close to a round shaped mound of mud on the ground without you all!

I'm wondering what you would recommend for weather proofing my cement block stand.. I live in Lake Tahoe, CA and am anticipating the freeze/thaw cycle over the winter. I'm imagining water getting inside of all of the gaps between the blocks could potentially cause damage from the freeze/thaw. I dry stacked and filled every other core with cement. I've gone over budget with my build, and would like to make this thing bomber for as cheap as possible.. I'm not concerned about the aesthetic at this point.

Could I cover it with a homebrew stucco portland, sand, and lime? Or would I be better off spending a bit more and getting bags of quikwall?

Thanks!

Home-brew stucco is not waterproof. If you want a waterproof solution then use one of Quickwall's (or another brand) 100% acrylic renders.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great thanks! I think I'll go with Quickwall

Comment

Working...
      X