Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch and anchor plate transition

Attached the anchor plate to the arch.
    I am not comfortable with this solution, I think a strong wind could displace the plate.
    I am going to cut 3 bricks at "L" shape and mortar upside down on top of the plate, 2 on the sides and 1 on the back. Hope this should help. I am not planning to case the dome, so I will not have any way to support the chimney any other way. I tried to show this on picture n.3
    Any suggestions?
    Ciao Carlo

Cost spreadsheet updated 4/22/08

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Re: Arch and anchor plate transition

Hey Carlo, your solution sounds like what I did. The bricks on top plus stucco keeps mine stiff as a hmmmm...... No problems in the wind.

I mentioned it last night to someone else - perhaps you... Canuk Jim posted a professional's POV of how to install an anchor plate a couple of months ago. A few minutes of searching the forum should turn it up.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Finished the anchor plate transition, here all the pictures showing what I did, it should be pretty solid now.
      Ciao Carlo

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Carlo, I have yet to build the oven, so my opinion is unqualified, but I like that idea a lot. It looks great, and makes good sense to me.
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

Looks great Carlo. If everything is level and you have support of the chimney above that level, I don't think anything will move - especially if you're using a relatively short chimney. If not, you can buy wall anchors or other hardware to secure the upper sections of the pipe.
          GJBingham

-

Comment

Wow, that was 1600 posts! James - send me my new Mercedes!
            GJBingham

-

Comment

Almost done!
              here some pics ...2 layers of ceramic blanket plus 1-2 inch of perlite/portland mix...
              to be finished with porcelain tiles 4x4" terracotta style.
              I also started the door...
              Already made pizza twice and thanks to the oven plus Caputo flour my wife and I remembered the wonderful years spent in Naples, pizza was soft, cooked and tasty...
              Last edited by biondoli; 05-28-2008, 03:04 PM.
              Ciao Carlo

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Nice looking oven carlo! What type of insulation are you going to put between the metal door plates? It looks like you might have some left over FB blanket.

PS-We need some photos of your pizza creations, it will motivate me to work faster...
                "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Comment

to insulate the door I'll use the ceramic board left over, then to keep it tight I'll add some piece of ceramic blanket.
                  On the handle I added 2 pieces of wood....after all of this ..if the handle will be hot then I'll round some rope on the handle as last resource.
                  Oh forgot to mention that beside all the $$$ spent so far...the door has been very very cheap...I used old PC covers.
                  I also made a pizza peel, the round one to be used to turn the pizza while is cooking and to get it out...next time I'll take a picture and post it. I like when I can make something re-using what I have.
                  Last edited by biondoli; 05-28-2008, 03:23 PM.
                  Ciao Carlo

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Door finished and started dome finish

Door finished, I need just to weld all the pieces together.
                    Decided to go with porcelain tiles 4x4", a kind of easy mosaic, here some pics
                    Ciao Carlo

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Great door Carlo! I wish I had your skill.
                      GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                      X