Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern style design

Hello Guys,
    Does anyone of you have tried to build a “Modern style design” pizza oven like this one in the picture ?
    I’d like to build something like this, but I’m concerned about the landing area in front of the dome, seems uncomfortable to get/out pizza.
    Or is it just a normal dome slightly rotated ?
    Do you have any suggestions?
    thanks in advance for your replies
    MarcoClick image for larger version

Name:	8414E888-6A00-45D3-BF58-77E81F3F10E2.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	422622

Any idea on how to design this oven ?

Comment

Seems indeed that the dome is indeed slightly rotated. Quite ingenious actually. I suspect a metal vent that also holds those bricks up.

What I like about it:
      - Opening is very reachable
      - Could even feature a hinging door
      - The concrete bricks become a 'feature', and don't need further rendering
      - Simple geometry

Possible shortcomings:
      1. The oven floor is not flush with the table-top. And it would not be trivial to modify the design and still keep it as tight as it looks now.
      2. The space for the vent is asymmetrical
      3. Somebody hitting their head on that sharp corner
      Last edited by Kvanbael; 06-07-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Hmmm. Looks like it is right here in Seattle - or at least the designer is. http://blog.shedbuilt.com/outdoor-pi...most-finished/

I suspect what you are looking at is just a domed pizza oven with a square brick housing. Dome is turned a bit to have the opening be easier to access. Looks like a kit oven, finished with a modern design
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Hi one and all, this is my 1st post so bear with me please.
          We are just completing our 3rd (& last) self build house which is a very contemporary Passivhaus comprising 2 offset cube sections, one finished in white render the other in dark stained larch. I am keen to build a WFO but want that to be equally contemporary. The cube design by "Shedbuilt" from Seattle looks really interesting. I had identified that independantly interestingly and I have contacted them earlier today for some details but have yet to hear back.
          Is anyone aware of any other sharp contemporary designs out there?
          I too beleive this to be a dome WFO with brick surround possibly with void filled with vermiculite or similar. I really like the cantileavered worktop which I suspect is reinforced concrete. It reduces the overall mass of the structure which I find appealing.
          I will post any info I get back from architects. Here's hoping!

Comment

So ShedBuilt.com were kind enough to send me some details although nothing one couldn't pretty much deduce from the pictures on-line. It is basically a Forno Bravo CASA2G80 oven built into a 4x8x16 CMU block surround with 36" high cantilevered reinforced concrete base/counter and similar roof. No details on void insulation outside dome or how roof slab was cast, but I'll work that out.

I think there is scope for improvement in the design but I plan to build something not disimilar in overall appearance.

Comment

Good Greg !
              that was my first estimation , a cube of 63” , I wasn’t sure about the internal dimensions of the floor, but for a proper insulation 32 inches diameter is the maximum.
              Please keep me updated if you intend to build something like this: i first really like the design but if you think to all the effort you’ll put to build the dome, it’s a shame to cover it with a concrete squared shell

Ciao
              Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Greg@Hilltop View Post
                So ShedBuilt.com were kind enough to send me some details although nothing one couldn't pretty much deduce from the pictures on-line. It is basically a Forno Bravo CASA2G80 oven built into a 4x8x16 CMU block surround with 36" high cantilevered reinforced concrete base/counter and similar roof. No details on void insulation outside dome or how roof slab was cast, but I'll work that out.

I think there is scope for improvement in the design but I plan to build something not disimilar in overall appearance.
                Hi Greg, I'm starting to build something ... here's my experiment in progress

The base is almost the same, with the suspended slab, but I think I will not do the upper part (the CUBE), I'm starting to think that it's huge and hide the real beauty of a pompei oven ... the dome !
                Click image for larger version

Name:	suspended.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	426422

Comment

Working...
                X