No announcement yet.

What now for this part-built oven area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What now for this part-built oven area?

If you need to do so much baking you may want to consider increasing the mass of your dome to retain more heat and last longer. I would solicit input from the forum for such experience....
    Ciao Carlo

Cost spreadsheet updated 4/22/08

Pictures updated 5/28/08

Comment

Just in case you didn't see the pics I posted elsewhere:

Comment

Nice! I recognised the oven at once and think the whole set up looks great!

Are you pleased with the look of the bricks there? The oven blends in really well.
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Thanks Frances. Yes, I am happy with it - looking ofrward now to gettign some insulation on and then a final layer of render.

Comment

Just a little Off Topic...

Please tell me that isn't standard twin and earth coming out of the ground into a round 20amp junction box...?? As a minimum it should be armoured, and into an IP65 connection box before it goes anywhere else.... Also, any connections or switches outdoors should be IP56, they're not expensive and could save you getting a serious shock.

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter,

I know it's no defence, but that wiring is only there to give me power while construction was underway. It was culled from the shed that I demolished to make way for the oven.

I'm planning on replacement and re-location of the power in the next week - when I am clearer on what I want to light/power etc. in the future.

The cable in the ground is protected by steel conduit.

PdD

Comment

Working...
              X