Has anyone built a Vesuvio style oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone built a Vesuvio style oven

I am interested in building a vesuvio style oven and was wondering if FB had the instructions on this style or if anyone else has built one?

Originally posted by mrsrat View Post
    I am interested in building a vesuvio style oven and was wondering if FB had the instructions on this style or if anyone else has built one?
    I logged in to ask just the same question. The Vesuvio is based off the casa oven. It would be nice to see some examples of how to build that design. I think they use a still ring to form the structure of the vesuvio. Is it possible for us to buy the form?

Comment

I ended up building the pizza oven without instructions and I haven’t sealed my dome because I need to wait until the roof is lifted into place so I can finish off the stove pipe connection, but we use the oven a few times a month and it works exceedingly well.

Comment

Sorry forgot to add a picture. I will be putting a stainless stove pipe on and the this galvanized one will go outside the roof. It’s an 8” ID double walled and insulated pipe and makes all the difference in the world. Without the pipe the smoke would just come out the front. With the pipe it creates a vacuum and sucks it out. If you want I can show you pictures of the build but I don’t have any instructions for it as I just winged it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsrat View Post
          Sorry forgot to add a picture. I will be putting a stainless stove pipe on and the this galvanized one will go outside the roof. It’s an 8” ID double walled and insulated pipe and makes all the difference in the world. Without the pipe the smoke would just come out the front. With the pipe it creates a vacuum and sucks it out. If you want I can show you pictures of the build but I don’t have any instructions for it as I just winged it.
          Great job doing it free-style. Can you post a few pictures of the build process? Thank you!

Comment

I used a jig for brick placement and a jig to get the angle of the cuts correct. The floor is 40” and has a gas pipe for easy starts. I used 4” of perlite and 2” of ceramic fiber board under the floor. I ordered a lot of the fiber blankets so I actually have 6” of fiber blanket going around the dome. The outside never even gets remotely warm when we have it fired up. It all sits on a 3/4” thick steel plate. The slab it sits on is 8” thick in that corner.

Comment

Working...
            X