vent design in this picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vent design in this picture

For all those with good vent design experience, I would like input on the following vent design for the attached picture. I really like the style and is very exposed appearance. It appears there is not second arch which is typically seen in the pompeii construction. I would assume in this photo, the designers have the first arch and then attach the vent to the face of the concrete board and exclude the second arch. Does anyone think that this vent set up would not work or that there might be issues with too much exposure of the oven since there essentially is no protection from the elements in the oven landing depth, which is much more shallow.

Second and unrelated. Does the fireplace adjacent have a second vent system or would they be tied together? Also where is a good place to find plans for fireplace design such as this.

Re: vent design in this picture

Hi Chale,
    from the picture, it looks like there are two chimneys as you can just see their bases.
    As far as the vent design is concerned, it would and does work well. The only difference is that many people, including myself, prefer ta add a decorative arch to their ovens purely for appearance. They serve little other purpose.
    I prefer to make my chimney void from stainless steel in a chute or funnel shape to catch and direct the smoke and hot gasses up and into the chimney. Just make sure that the diameter of the flue is sufficient, mine is 8" diameter, 10 ft tall servicing a 40" Pompeii. Pictures are on my build.
    Don't be tempted to get away with a 6" flue.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Re: vent design in this picture

Really like the look of your oven, the "open" vent makes for an oven that looks more fireplace like, rather than looking down a tunnel. Glad to hear that it drafts well, since I have chosen this style as well and have had a heck of a time getting a vent made. I thought that would be the easy part while building the dome. What gauge stainless did you use for the vent?

Comment

Working...
      X