Pizza Oven/fireplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza Oven/fireplace

OK, dumb question - is it possible to build a combo outdoor pizza oven/fireplace where the oven is directly above a fairly traditional fireplace?

It seems the fireplace would use a rear flue and the oven a front flue, so you could do them together, since you would never use them at the same time.

What am I missing?
    Thanks, John

Re: Pizza Oven/fireplace

Yes it can be done but it is genereally not recomended. as you said the fireplace has a flue at the rear and oven at the fron but the trouble you run into is that the oven will be much larger/deeper than the fireplace so even though the flue is at the rear of the fireplace it is probably somewhere in the middle of the oven above.
    Having said that i am in the process of building an oven abouve a fireplace but am having the fireplace flue at the front as well.
    Most beople recomend putting the oven to the side of the fireplace if you want to have it all in the one area.
    Real men cook with fire
    My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

Everybody sing....Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Comment

Having a "Y" shaped flue can only effect the draw of either appliance badly. I have a oven/fireplace combo, but the openings face 180 degrees apart, and there is a two flue chimney.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
        X