Oil lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil lamps

I've been thinking lately about how to light my oven. We didn't want to run electricity to the oven, so that's not an option. I suppose I could just use flash lights and lanterns if it's dark, but I was also thinking that oil lamps would look really classic against the oven. I was thinking of a ship lantern hanging from a hook or perhaps a miner's safety lamp from Vermont Lanterns. I'm not really sure how much light they put out, so I may need a flashlight anyhow, but I just like the look of them.

Re: Oil lamps

Papa,

I have just been having the same conversation in my head. I dohave power close to the build but I like the idea od the latern. Have you finished your oven yet?? Or are you still planning. I am going to check out Vermont Lanterns it sound interesting. I know I am addicted I did some rebar work by TIKI torch last night around 11:15

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Peter,

I haven't finished my oven yet. I'm building the oven floor and starting the dome this week. I haven't settled on a design, but I know I like the look of the lanterns. So that may lead my design in a particular direction.

Comment

You are well ahead of me I will watch your build with great interest. Yes I have been known to "stalk" but just a little.

Peter
        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

I like that idea too.. maybe a couple lanterns, one on each side of the stove.. hmmm
          Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I keep thinking of a European street scene with buildings made of stone and large timbers with oil lamps next to the entryways.
            Or something like Threedi's build.
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...e-uk-7017.html
            Last edited by papavino; 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Working...
            X