Flue Size 36 Inch Tuscan Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flue Size 36 Inch Tuscan Oven

Is an 8 Inch flue standard size for the 36 inch Tuscan Oven. ? extending 36 inches above the top of the Dome Cheers

Originally posted by Fudugazi
    Is an 8 Inch flue standard size for the 36 inch Tuscan Oven. ? extending 36 inches above the top of the Dome Cheers
    The instructions give an 8 inch flue for the 32-36 inch oven, and 10 inch for the 40 inch oven. This is round commercial multi-wall flue sections. If you are using US standard refractory flue tiles, they are radiused square section. An 8 inch square with 1 inch radius corners has 63 square inches, an 8 inch circle has 50 square inches.

You can see you can get more draw out of the flue tile. I don't know if it would be enough to use a 8" square for the bigger oven, as a 10" round is 78 square inches. I've noticed in Europe, flue tiles are always round, not square or rectanguar like ours. In any event, probably more than you wanted to know.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Chimney sizes

I think you can safely use 6" pipe on a 30-36" oven, and 8" pipe on a 39"-43" oven. The double wall stainless pipe is UL103-listed and well-insulated. It gets hot inside, to draw well and keep soot from building up, and stays cool on the outside. Better living through engineering.

We provide vent adapters for 6" pipe with the Casa80/Casa90 (31"/35") ovens and for 8" pipe for the Casa100/110 (39"/43") ovens.

Many owners/builders have noted that pizza oven draw well naturallly.

I will make that change to the on-line plans, and we will make sure we make the right recommendations in the upcoming PDF plans.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
      X