Roofing Tiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roofing Tiles

Does anyone know of a good online source for roofing materials (slate, clay, Itallian tiles)? Right now a I have a composite roof and I want to cover it with something that looks better.

TIA.

Re: Roofing Tiles

Because that stuff is so heavy, your best source is probably the local yellow pages... roofing supply...

Where is Stilwell?

JED

Comment

Stilwell is just southwest of Kansas City.

Comment

I have all of that stuff, I'm a distributor, but I'm in Michigan. call Spec Building Materials, they are a roofing distributor, headquartered in Kansas City, branches from there to Texas...last number I had was 1-800-821-3204

Comment

Thanks Stonylake!

Comment

Thanks, but I googled JJ roofing accessories and all I got was a bunch of hits for a roofing company the UK.

Comment

kyramary is a signature spam poster. OUT.
              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Gone.
                James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Try using "Terra cotta roof tiles" as your search terms in Google.

Comment

You can also do the same search in google maps to get more local results. A more general "Roofing suppliers" might generate better leads. You really need a local supplier: this stuff is mostly too heavy to ship. If you do need to get a pallet load shipped, it's much more affordable to get it shipped to a local trucking depot, instead of a domestic liftgate delivery.
                    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

We used clay tiles on our oven roof. Our local roofing company normally stocks clay tiles but they were waiting to order a shipment and they were in no hurry to get it. We looked into ordering tiles online but everyone seems to have a minimum order of 100 field tiles and 25 for speciality tiles. It is possible to use just the fields and cut them with the wet saw to make the ridge caps/end finishers, gable rakes, etc. but drilling holes is a bear. One tile bit does only one tile and takes five minutes. You can of course mortar them in and forget about the drilling. Also, for a pizza oven you will want the short tiles for aesthetics. We ended up scrounging through the local yard and finding enough to get the job done and cutting up the fields where needed. If you can find the mission style half barrels, you can do everything with those. Very frustrating but worth it. Anyway, you can call Ludowici and explain your situation. They may have a dealer nearby or be willing to ship a small order. Ludowici Roof Tile - The World's Finest Clay Roof Tile

We used the 13 inch spanish tiles.

Dave
                      Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/fornososo/Pizza#

Comment

Working...
                      X