Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic FB supply in Canada?

Hi!

I am looking for a supply of ceramic fibre boards and blanket in Canada. Any ideas? I am in BC. The local building supply outfits do not have a clue, and even the fireplace supply people are struggling.

Thanks!
    Andrew.

Re: Ceramic FB supply in Canada?

You need a refractory supply, and usually google is your friend in this regard. However, I can't seem to locate one in your nearest city, Victoria.

Curiously, on the first page of the google search is an FB thread of five years ago, pointing to IXL brick in Alberta. A phone call there might help you.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

since this stuff does not weigh much you can get it shipped from Ontario from Welcome to Alphatherm Inc. - About Us..
      Also try a Ceramic/pottery supply company in Vancouver..
      or Tucker's pottery supply in Toronto [ where I bought my blanket]
      cheers,
      tim

Comment

Hey, thanks for the tips.

I finally found a supply; Clayburn Industries in Abbotsford, near Vancouver.

However, the ceramic fibre board actually comes as a 9" "brick". It is the same calcium-magnesium-silicate material as the FB Board, just comes cut up smaller.

Comment

Good information Andrew. I've seen lots of used Clayburn bricks around over the years. Good to know they're still in business. Slegg Lumber carries some kind of FB, perhaps Clayburn.

Comment

Working...
          X