Vermiculite/Perlite in NW Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermiculite/Perlite in NW Arkansas

Hello. I have tried the typical box stores for the vermiculite and nothing. Its available for viewing online but not for internet purchase/shipping...

I like in Boone County and would like to find a local supplier but will order it if it becomes necessary. Anyone have a source for it?

Thanks!
    My Picasas Web Album
    http://picasaweb.google.com/10792368...eat=directlink

Re: Vermiculite/Perlite in NW Arkansas

I have tried the typical box stores for the vermiculite
    It's not a big box item, especially in the 4 cu ft bags you need. Try garden suppliers, especially wholesalers, or pool builders. You can get it online but the shipping is more than the material.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Vermiculite/Perlite in NW Arkansas

I have found "Vermiculite attic insulation and fire retardent product" in large bags at Menards for about $10 a bag. You can see this on their website. I used that to fill the void around my Casa2g100 enclosed in steel stud frame/cement board. Second cure fire at 275 degrees for 8 hours, then put on the door, heat at 125 degrees over a day later.....that stuff REALLY holds the heat when coupled with the FB blanket insulation....I filled it to the roof with only a few inches of airspace at the top.....so far so good.

Comment

Working...
      X