Materials in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Materials in Phoenix

I stumbled across a guy on Craigslist that has thousands of used, but excellent condition fire brick for sale for $0.25 each. I picked up enough to do my 42" oven and an outdoor fireplace.

Also, if you are looking for Perlite or Vermiculite, don't go to any of the local retailers as they run about $30 for a 3.5cf bag. Go straight to the manufacturer down in Chandler. You can get it for under $8/bag, and if you bring a trailer, you can get a HUGE bag of dust for free (if you happen to be mixing it into soil for a garden or something).

Re: Materials in Phoenix

Hi,

I thought all firebrick was created the same but recently discovered that isn't the case. A medium duty firebrick is recommended for a pizza oven. They weigh about 8 pounds each. I'm told if they are lighter than that they don't store heat as well and are generally best for insulating. I too found a source for firebrick but they turned out to be kiln brick and about 4 pounds each. I may still buy some of them for use other than the hearth and oven dome.

Cheers,

Bob
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Re: Materials in Phoenix

You were luck with Thermo Rock - they snubbed me - and I used to be in a neighboring business! As for fire brick - you can hit Home Depot or Marvel Materials.

Best of Luck
      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
      X