Anyone need Fire Clay (San Diego)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone need Fire Clay (San Diego)

I have a bag+ if anyone in San Diego is starting an oven.

Re: Anyone need Fire Clay (San Diego)

I am thinking about building one. How much are you selling it for?

Comment

how does $10 sound? i think there is one unopened bag and another half bag. Also a few firebricks laying around i can throw in if you want them.

Comment

ok, I will let you know. Where are you located?
        Also, where did you get your firebricks?

Comment

Im by SDSU/La Mesa

i got the firebricks from different sources, on CL, and RCP.

Comment

im in la mesa and just starting an oven project would love to see yours and talk about your build. also if you still have the fireclay id be interested thanks

Comment

Ha. We are all in the la Mesa area. I live by helix high school. I am still trying to figure out location, size, and oven style. I want to do it on the cheap, so I am trying to figure out how to cut the bricks with out a tile saw. The most important thing is, I have to convince the wife.

Comment

All right!! 2 new oven builders right in my neighborhood. I am in El Cajon and finished my oven ( except for the mosaic) last summer. SoCalBri- the tile saw is really a work saver. It is on sale now at HF for $200. Thompson building materials, in Lemon Grove had the best prices on fire bricks that I found. I forget what I paid but it was about a 1/3 less than any other source I found locally. If you are doing this project on a budget, use the home brew mortar, and vermicrete ( though the ceramic blanket really rocks as an insulator, and you don't save a ton of money compared to doing the vermicrete over the whole dome. My build thread is listed under Eric's WFO Build. Any questions send me a message.
                Good Luck,

Eric

Comment

To the several people that expressed an interest in the Fire clay, i still have it, i was waiting for the first person that expressed an interest to reply to a PM, but whomever replies to the thread next gets it.

thanks....

Comment

Hi there,

new to the forum about to start my project and gathering supplies. The fire clay is the refractory mortar right? I'd love to take it off your hands. Do you still have it somehow?

Comment

hi,

still have the fire clay sitting around somewhere, PM me if you want to come by for it.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X