Texas suppliers of refractory materials...Keyword = Refractory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas suppliers of refractory materials...Keyword = Refractory

Texas is full of industrial companies that routinely need refractory materials. A refractory material is one that retains its strength at high temperatures -What we need for portions of our Wood Fired Ovens.

Lesson learned: A google search under something like 'Texas refractory' gave me several great sources for firebricks, fireclay, refractory concrete and refractory insulators.

I had purchased 50 pound bags of Hawthorne Bond fireclay for $27 a bag from a pottery supplier in Dallas. A local refractory, (Wesco refractories in Mansfield, TX), sells Hawthorne Bond fireclay for $13.30 per 100 pound bag!! The Insulation board was $72 for four 2' X 3' pieces in one box. They had refractory concrete also (in many variations that I didn't understand-but they understood and guided my selections), even insulating refractory concrete (I bought two 50 pound bags for $58.xx)

If you do an online search for refractory companies in your area, you may just find materials unavailable via other sources.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Re: Texas suppliers of refractory materials...Keyword = Refractory

Abel's in downtown Houston is another good source.

Comment

Working...
    X