source in Southwest Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source in Southwest Virginia

I am in the Roanoke area and starting a build. Can anyone direct me to suppliers in the area? The local block and stone company quoted me $1.40 for a standard sized fire brick, but so far I don't have any details. I assume this is a light duty brick. What should I ask them?

Re: source in Southwest Virginia

tedzap,

I am up in Harrisonburg. Monger Lumber (R S Monger and Sons) has low duty firebrick from Superior Clay, around 26 percent Alumina if I remember right, for about $1.10 per brick. I have checked over most of the state and Monger's is the cheapest so far. It is nice they are only 20min from my house. A building supplier 5 min from Monger's wanted $1.84 for the exact same brick.

I talked with the Harbison-Walker dealer in Salem. They have med. duty bricks but they were way more expensive. Most people I have seen on here are getting along just fine with the low duty bricks so I will be using those when I begin this spring.

Good luck with your build.

David
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." - Peter Clemenza

Comment

Re: source in Southwest Virginia

I'm just south west of you. I used Harbison-Walker they are a bit pricy but I compared the brick side by side with other places and for me the quality made the price worth it for me. I'm about an hour from you if you want to check out my oven just let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X