Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic Fiber Blanket Dealer ( good deal ?? )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Fiber Blanket Dealer ( good deal ?? )

found this website today and they had some ceramic blanket and boards and the blankets look really cheap 2" x 24" x 12ft for $23.64 per roll....anybody ever heard of this company thinking might keep their website in my favorite file so when the time comes i can order some.....check them out tell me what you think.....

McGills Warehouse Online Department Store,HF10 Ceramic Fiber Blanket 2" - 8lb/ft3 or 128kg/m3
    sigpic

Mike

Re: Ceramic Fiber Blanket Dealer ( good deal ?? )

Whoah thats cheap, like 25% of the price I can get it for..... you need to stock up on it.

Their fire bricks are dear though.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I have a quick question.
      ..is it better to put multiple layers of 1" blanket on, or just a few of 2" blanket....would it need more compression on the blanket, would these be good or bad for the dome insulation?

Oh yeh....is there such a thing as too much blanket, or should it be kept to maximum size??
      Last edited by Aussie Pete; 01-27-2012, 07:52 PM.
      Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

I have 3 x 1" of blanket over the top of mine, multiple layers of any thickness should be good, plus I also have 1 cubic Metre of loose vermiculite over it too.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Yeh, i've seen your build log Al, (nice work......love the gargoyle..."think i've already said that somewhere before" ), would you think that 4x1" layers or 2x2" layers of blanket would be better, the price for the stuff is about the same, so price wise it doesnt matter, i just thought what would be best for the oven
          Aussie Pete

250th Aussie on this forum...."so i was told"

Comment

Cant see that it would be any different which ever way you went Pete.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Wow!!! That is great deal!!! So did you buy any? If I read it correctly the ceramic board seems to be a good deal as well since it comes with 3 sheets at 2'x3'x2" for about $165. Can anybody verify the quality of this person's site/business?
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...two-21068.html

Comment

In all my looking online for reviews it does not appear that this business is as great as it sounds. I found many negative reviews and only 2 positive. It is kind of worrisome to me. Anybody else have any input?

Comment

I don't know about that one, but Harbison Walker is fine and they were even cheaper for the fiberboard. My board came in cartons with five sheets of board that were 12 inches by 36 inches...in other words, 15 square feet per carton...and the board was three inches thick. Price was $95 per carton. That works out to $6.33 per square foot. The FB board (for 2 inch) works out to 11.66 per square foot.

The blanket was pretty expensive though at HW. Fifty sqaure foot carton of 1 inch thick blanket is $126. That works out to $2.52 per square. The Forno Bravo blanket works out to $1.50 per square foot. I have no idea about relative efficiencies, but the FB blanket is a lot cheaper.

My two cents.

Bill

Comment

I have purchased a few things from them in the past and have found them easy to deal with good prices and fair shipping. They seem to have different things in stock They had a large selection of diamond saw blades last year but seem to have almost none now. I was very happy with the blades I bought from them. I wish I had been able to purchase the blanket and board from them I would have saved a lot of money.

Chip
                    Chip

Comment

Hey Chip,

In your reply were you referring to McGills Warehouse or Harbison Walker from the post directly above yours from WJW?

Sorry for having to ask but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Nate

Comment

Sorry I was not clear, McGills is who I purchase from.

Chip
                        Chip

Comment

That must be a sale price or a goof on the wbsite. I picked up a roll two weeks ago from McGills at over twice that price. The $23 was the price per roll if you bought a pallet. Grab them before it goes back up.

Comment

Any suggestions on how many rolls to cover a 42" build?
                            FB says a 50 sq ft roll will cover a 43" oven. These are 25 sq ft, so I am thinking 2 rolls will give me 2" of insulation - but wanted to check my math

suggestions? It is a smoking deal
                            My build progress
                            My WFO Journal on Facebook
                            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

hmmmmm. On second thought, there is this...

McGills Warehouse Business Review in North Hollywood, CA

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                              My build progress
                              My WFO Journal on Facebook
                              My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
                              X