HF Brick Saw $230 through 5/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF Brick Saw $230 through 5/31

Coupon code special. Just got the email today. On sale for $229.99, $100 off the normal price.

Click here for printable copy of coupon
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Re: HF Brick Saw $230 through 5/31

Thanks for this tip, I am struggling with how to cut the bricks, did you purchase this? Have you used it yet? Is it worth the cost? Any other tips?

Comment

Originally posted by linikin2@hotmail.com View Post
      Thanks for this tip, I am struggling with how to cut the bricks, did you purchase this? Have you used it yet? Is it worth the cost? Any other tips?
      I bought one, as have a large number of other builders here. For the price, it is a great tool. Plenty rugged and works as well as more expensive brand name saw. Much neater than a dry saw and cheaper than renting. If one can find a deal on, or borrow a 14" saw it's probably better, but you can do everything you need to with this saw.

Easy to sell on Craigslist or to another builder when you're done with your oven
      My build progress

Comment

Dang,
        The sale price used to be $199.00. It's still a good deal at this price. I've had mine for a few years and it's still going
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

According to the product page ( 10" Tile & Brick Saw - 2.5 HP ), it has a fixed 45 degree miter fixture. I'm almost to the point of needing a saw to cut bricks - how would I use this saw to get the proper angled cuts I need? Am I missing something?

Comment

I have cut jigs from a brick or block of wood. Look up hendo's twist and tilt thread for the approach. I've never even used the 45 that came with
            Last edited by deejayoh; 05-03-2012, 08:06 PM. Reason: Add link to Hendo's thread
            My build progress

Comment

Great news, then. Looks like I'll be heading over to Bellevue or up to Everett after work today!

Comment

A new set of Harbor Freight coupons came in the Sunday paper today. I'm not sure if the deal is limited to the Seattle area, but it included a coupon for 20% off one item and it didn't seem to indicate that it was for regular price items only. Since the HF website says the price is currently $249.99, this coupon would bring it down to $199.99. I'm glad I was delayed in picking up the saw.

Comment

I can confirm that the 20% coupon worked for the saw. They also have a folding stand for the saw for only $40. This is definitely a good deal to find for this type of project!

Comment

I can confirm that the 20% coupon worked for the saw. They also have a folding stand for the saw for only $40. This is definitely a good deal to find for this type of project!
                    I second that! The stand is worth every penny, especially when you have to move the saw. BTW, caveman, any chance you're a spelunker?

John

Comment

Haha, no. I've been down in the caves a few times, but my moniker is an old identity tied to my awesome "man cave". Unfortunately, too much pizza has lessened my ability to squeeze through many small spaces.

Comment

I picked up one of these saws today and got an even better deal. The person in front of me had a 20% off coupon and did not need it. They also had the saw on sale for $249.99 so I got it for 199.99 I am thinking that was a pretty good deal. They did not have any blades though, so I still need to get one. I am currently helping a friend with a paver sidewalk does anyone have a recomendation for a good blade? Thanks for the help.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ
                          I am currently helping a friend with a paver sidewalk does anyone have a recomendation for a good blade?
                          The diamond blades they sell do a fair job on the fire brick. Paver's will trash it in no time. I used a segmented blade when I did my paver's. It's pretty aggressive but cuts them fairly fast.
                          Check out my pictures here:
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks for the advise. I will go take a look at home depot to see what they have for segmented blades. I was worried how the blades held up on pavers, so thanks for the advise.

Randy

Comment

Les thanks for the response about the segmented blade. I got one and it worked great. I almost can't beleave how well this saw works it. For the money you can not go wrong with this saw.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                              X