Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any toxicity issues with fire bricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any toxicity issues with fire bricks?

In my scrounging around for materials, I was offered firebricks that have been stored, unused, at a local manufacturer for about thirty years. Apparently, someone in the distant past ordered a size they didn't use (nominal 12 X 4 X 2). There's lots of them, they're in perfect condition, and I'm sure I can figure out a design that fits the brick size. My question is, is there any chance that they may not be suitable for a pizza oven due to the materials they were made from 30 years ago?
    many thanks,
    Q

Re: Are there any toxicity issues with fire bricks?

Are they free? If so go back and accept them, it not good form to look a gifted horse in the mouth in front of the owner. Take them away(all), before you test them. And furthermore if you are as old as most of us, your death will take place long before your builds enough toxicity to kill you. Sorry for the sick sense of humor, today is one of those days. I'm just joking.

Comment

Firebricks are toxic, but you have to eat 750 of them before you notice it.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Hi Al,

Then that would make the old adage, he s--t a brick a truism. Ummmm that very interesting, and then you die.

Comment

Thanks, everybody! I've already started bringing them home.

Comment

Working...
          X