Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for castable cement on LI-NY

Hi,

I'm new to the site, does anyone know where I can purchase castable refractory cement inthe vacinity of Long Island, New York?

Re: Looking for castable cement on LI-NY

Lakeside- I would like to know the answer to your question too and wanted to say hello from Huntington. - Kris
    - Kris

Comment

I am in the process of building a mold for the oven and need some bags of castable. It seems real hard around here to find it.-denis-rockville centre

Comment

search "Heatstop" - I think they are on the island or NY

Comment

Be careful what you ask for.
          Heatstop is a refractory mortar containing refractory cement (calcium aluminate)
          Ciment Fondu is a brand name of refractory cement.
          Castable refractory is a proprietary mix of calcium aluminate cement mixed with appropriate aggregates and other goodies which is designed for castings or gunning.all you need do is add the appropriate amount of water.
          If you want to make up your own brew using calcium aluminate cement you may not end up with a brew that is easy to apply and it may not perform to requirements or stand up to thermal shock etc.
          Search for refractory suppliers.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Makers of Heatstop also make Heatcast. Most masonry suppliers can get it for you. I just bought 14 bags of Firerok and was able to drive to Reading Pa. to pick up.

Comment

There are many manufacturers that make this stuff. What you need to ask for is dense castable refractory because there are some that are called insulating castable and you need the dense stuff. Don't waste your money getting the higher temperature rated stuff they only contain aggregates that that are stable at something like four times greater than you'll ever fire to.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

All,

I would like to ask a question. Can you use HeatStop 50 on the dome firebrick joints. I have read that it can be used as a refractory mortar but has anyone here actually used it and can say for sure that it works?

Thanks!
                -Greg

Comment

heatstop 50 IS a refractory motar. That is what I'll be using in the next week. Just finished doing the layout to make sure floor tiles are where they are supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                  X