Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best material for worktable?

Hi all,

We're placing a readymade oven in our garden soon. Next to the oven I'd like to create a small workbench to assemble the pizza's. Both the oven and workbench will be outdoors in The Netherlands, which has a climate comparable to Ontario, or so I'm told.

After placement of the oven we will give it an extra layer of insulation, stucco and waterproof paint.
    I'd like your thoughts on what to use for the work surface next to the oven. Would I be able to have a surface that is durable and easily cleaned?
    Two options I have that are fairly cheap is to use 2 pieces of 60*60 cm stone next to each other. Both Bluestone and granite are easily available. Would this work, giving them a good wipe before using them?
    Volo et Valeo

Re: Best material for worktable?

Granite over bluestone, although if they are both polished, not honed, either will work.

Comment

My prep. Table is granite and it works great.

Easy to clean and the weather is not an issue for it.

Chip
      Chip

Comment

Thanks for the tip on taking a polished surface! I scoured the web and found a leftover bit of kitchen worktop, 109*55 cm which fits the bill. I'll post the result once we've built the thing, however I expect it to take some time as we have a few other jobs higher on the to do list.
        Volo et Valeo

Comment

Working...
        X