Yet another,,,,, Brick Question from a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another,,,,, Brick Question from a noob

Going to build a 42" Pompeii this fall. There is a Fire Brick mfgr close to home here in Texas and this is what they carry. They cost .85 pc picked up at the plant. They are the cream colored typical sized brick. Does this look like the correct numbers for this build?
    Attached Files
    My build documentary page:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Re: Yet another,,,,, Brick Question from a noob

If it's suitable for a fireplace, it should be fine for a WFO.

Comment

I passed on the Butler brick and used Alsey brick. The Alsey brick is more uniform in size and has less fissures compared to the Bultler. That's a good price though. If I could have gotten them for that price, the choice would have been tougher.

Comment

The Butler brick are crap, but they will work fine for an oven.

Comment

I havent decided what to do yet. I am wanting to build a larger outdoor cooking area. We have a couple BGE's now but want to build a stone or brick outdoor kitchen. I have the room and budget but not a firm plan in place. Should I buy a modular oven or do a complete Pompeii build??? Questions and plans to address in the coming weeks....
          My build documentary page:
          https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

Working...
          X