ceramic fibre board? or what else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceramic fibre board? or what else?

Does anyone know where I can get some ceramic fibre board, or something else that's suitable, in or near Summerland, BC, Canada? Or , it would be helpful if you could tell me the names of products that I could use for the hearth insulation. Thanks a lot,
    Tom

Re: ceramic fibre board? or what else?

Calcium Silicate Board (calsil) is the next best thing. A minimum of 2", unless you are placing it on top of a vermicrete or perlcrete layer .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

A company that sells WFO's here in Aus actually use the fibre blanket under the hearth as well as over the dome.

Comment

Originally posted by applor View Post
        A company that sells WFO's here in Aus actually use the fibre blanket under the hearth as well as over the dome.
        Not a real good idea for underneath. Even if it settles evenly,(without causing undue cracks in the dome and flu) it will not have the same insulation factor when it is crushed flat
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks, I have no idea where I would get any of that. I have heard back from a potter, and she may have some kiln bricks for me. That should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairie Valley Bread View Post
            Thanks, I have no idea where I would get any of that. I have heard back from a potter, and she may have some kiln bricks for me. That should do it.
            I may not have understood the original question, but I was answering the question for "names of products that I could use for the hearth insulation". Kiln bricks are not the same thing .

Comment

I'm looking at some soft bricks, used to insulate a kiln. Firebricks sit on top of these.

Comment

canadian thermix - Fibre Blankets and Boards

this place is in Ontario and may have a reseller in BC?

Comment

try searching locally for refractory suppliers.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Sometimes Ebay can be an option.

Comment

Working...
                    X