FireBricks - Northeast Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireBricks - Northeast Florida

Any help in finding economical firebrick in North East Florida......tried several Cemex places and they don't carry them. Several others either carry 8x 4.5x 2.25

http://www.wgpaver.com/wp-content/up...-Firebrick.pdf

and appear red which is not the 9 x 4.5 x 2.5/3 that I am used to reading about...and still others that have 9 x 4.5 x 2.5 want $4-$5 a brick......

As you can see this is the frustrating part especially after reading on this forum about being careful not to get high rated brick or insulation bricks.

Any help would be greatly welcome.

Re: FireBricks - Northeast Florida

Have you tried Larkin Refractory in Lithonia, Georgia? I believe they supply all over the southeast. Maybe they have a distributor in your area.
    My Build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

I have not tried them, but just reached out to them via email since it is after hours and the weekend. Will give them a ring on Monday. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

Fantastic recommendation. Just what I was looking for 9x4.5x(2.5-3) " medium duty bricks with 31% Alumina for a $1.80 with the option for tapered 9x4.5x x (2.5-3) " bricks for the Archs to minimize motor in the seams. And they sell the fireclay too! Delivery was not bad either considering they are going to deliver over a TON of bricks to my door step.

I could get WG bricks for $1.15ea and $135 delivery, but they were irregular size and not sure about weight.

So to net an extra $180 to get exactly what I want (especially when you can't change it out later (the arch and walls at least). I take it and run, perfect lead. Thank you!!!

Note: They also sell the high use 38% Alumina bricks, but not going to be melting metal anytime soon ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ocafra View Post
          Fantastic recommendation. Just what I was looking for 9x4.5x(2.5-3) " medium duty bricks with 31% Alumina for a $1.80 with the option for tapered 9x4.5x x (2.5-3) " bricks for the Archs to minimize motor in the seams. And they sell the fireclay too! Delivery was not bad either considering they are going to deliver over a TON of bricks to my door step.

I could get WG bricks for $1.15ea and $135 delivery, but they were irregular size and not sure about weight.

So to net an extra $180 to get exactly what I want (especially when you can't change it out later (the arch and walls at least). I take it and run, perfect lead. Thank you!!!

Note: They also sell the high use 38% Alumina bricks, but not going to be melting metal anytime soon ;-)
          You're welcome. Glad I could help. Best of luck w/your project.
          My Build:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
          X