Will this work for under oven insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work for under oven insulation

The company that I am getting my insulation and fire bricks from has offered this to me for the board insulation. I am just wondering if it is a good match. I am also planning to do 4" of vermiculite concrete. It is cheep just over 100$ for 24sqft of 2 "thick. Thanks for the help.

Randy

Re: Will this work for under oven insulation

i can't read the details. Can you repost a larger pic?
    i can see refractory in the description which more than likely means it will work.

Texman
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Sorry about that I did not realize that it was so small. Let's try this one I think I got it bigger this time.

Randy

Comment

Or maby this. I don't know why they are so small???

Comment

Randy,
          How about including a link to the page.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I tried to find a page but it was sent to me as a PDF I was trying to do it on my phone with a screen shot. Now I will try with my iPad . Our computer is not working right now so here goes nothing.

Randy

Comment

It really doesn`t tell you what it is! I wouldn`t chance it, I would go with something proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                It really doesn`t tell you what it is! I wouldn`t chance it, I would go with something proven.
                Great advice. It's not like you can change it later. Not a place to take that chance.
                My Build:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Thanks that is kinda what I was thinking I love the price but a few dollars is not worth getting the wrong thing, and having problems afterwards.

Randy

Comment

According to the Plisulate 1900 Block Insulation MSDS, its mineral wool. I'd use it.

http://plibrico.com/uploads/MSDS/sds...00%20Block.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
                      I am a commercial / industrial construction electrician,so i am fairly good at building things even if I have not done it before. I know it has helped on other projects.

Randy
                      The company that I am getting my insulation and fire bricks from has offered this to me for the board insulation. I am just wondering if it is a good match. I am also planning to do 4" of vermiculite concrete. It is cheep just over 100$ for 24sqft of 2 "thick. Thanks for the help.

Randy

Hello Randy,
                      Been a while since I have posted anything and just want to say hey to another sparky...........Looks like you and I are in the same line a work. Working along the with many different tradesmen's thru the years has been a great value to me and has helped my build be a success. Wish you well with your build............................ Just want to let you know that Plibrico supplied me with several of my refractory materials. Floor Insulation was not one of them. I think the compression strength is the important factor in your decision. I ended up buying my floor insulation from FB. Plibrico, local to me would have to special order it in, so I would have to pay the shipping. I used materials they had on stock. I never got a spec sheet from them on the floor insulation. I would gather more specs on floor insulation of different manufactures and from Plibrico and compare. My FB board floor insulation is performing well and was the lowest price I could find even with the added shipping, it was my best option at the time.

Hope this helps.
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build
                      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Out of curiosity I inquired with Plibrico and the response from a VP was that they did not recommend the Plisulate 1900 BLOCK for anything structural.

Comment

Yeah I called back the guy that I was going to buy it from and asked if would support the weight of 10 or so bricks stacked on it and he said no. I thought I had made it clear what it was I was looking for, but I guess we got some signals crossed. I am going down to his shop on Monday to take a look at what he has and see if I can find an alternative that he has in stock. I thank you all for the help and advice.

Kbartman always nice to hear from another sparky. How do you like your 40" oven? That is what I am planning. I fingered it was a nice balance of bigger size but not too big of a footprint.

Randy

Comment

Kbartman always nice to hear from another sparky. How do you like your 40" oven? That is what I am planning. I fingered it was a nice balance of bigger size but not too big of a footprint.

Randy
                            I love my oven. I would like to be able to put a fire in it more often,But my work schedule has had me very busy.

The residual heat is useful and more often used then for a fired meal. So insulate well I put 4" of inches FB board below my floor, glad I did.

My 40" is plenty big, although when cooking in several pots and pans I wish it where bigger.

Due to my incorporating my oven within a existing block structure I decided on the 40" which is actually a 39" due to my fire brick size on the final purchase. The next size oven would have been a 48" to make maximum use of the bigger foot print. I not sure there would any benefit in building something in the middle due to added cost vs. wasted materials.

Best of luck with your builds and keep those sparks flying
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build
                            Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Hello everyone - love the free flow of ideas...I'd like some final planning guidance as I get ready as well...I'm planning on: finishing the concrete stand "topped" with a 4 inch layer of either vermiculite or perlite (4:1 ratio mixed with portland cement), followed by a layer of fire brick, followed by the FB insulation board...and on top of that the hearth of the oven.

I realize this may be a bit much...but as a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Army's "School of Overkill"...and having frequently used overwhelming combat power to ensure mission success...I'm just following doctrine !

But, I don't want to over-do it too much either...greatly appreciate everyone's experiences and expertise.

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                              X