Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Bricks near Philadelphia

Hi guys,

First time oven-builder in the Philadelphia area. I can't seem to find a good price for fire bricks. Does anyone know where I can get them for about $1 each in the Philadelphia area?

Thanks

Re: Fire Bricks near Philadelphia

The best deal I found was $2.20 per brick. Try calling some of the boiler repair or refractories company's that is where I found mine. If you want cheaper than that then you might need to look on Craigslist you might be able to get them for that on there. Just make sure that you get low duty bricks for the oven floor, or you will have to high of a thermal conductivity and burn the bottom before the top cooks. The dome does not really matter for brick type low to super duty will work.

Randy

Comment

Re: Fire Bricks near Philadelphia

I thought I paid a little over $1 for firebrick. If it is not too far for you, try either:

Fizzano Bros. in Trevose, PA, Fizzano Brothers Concrete Products
      or
      West Amwell Mason Supply in Lambertville, NJ

I have a hydraulic brick splitter you can have if you want it. I dont need it anymore. It needs a new hydraulic bottle cylinder, or refurbish the old seals because it leaks. I used it instead of using a saw (didnt want to deal with the noise and dust).

Comment

Working...
      X