Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on Perlite 4.5 cu ft $18/shipped

Nevermind. Jumped the gun.
    Last edited by Cubslover; 04-01-2015, 07:33 PM.
    "Half of the lies the tell about me aren't true!"

My 36" Pompeii Build

Re: Good deal on Perlite 4.5 cu ft $18/shipped

Cubslover,

I am afraid that it is not a great deal. The link and the price is for 4.5 dry gallons (18 quart). I think that is about 1 cubic foot. The last vermiculite that I bought was close to 23 bucks for 4 cubic feet.

Have you checked any of your local nurseries?
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I did. They priced me at 4 cu ft for $22. No offense, but I hope you're wrong.

My 36" Pompeii Build

Comment

Crap, you're right.

Well I guess I'll be returning this. Poop

My 36" Pompeii Build

Comment

None taken, and I hope that I am wrong also.

I am just basing my concerns on a paranoid hunch. Bulk vermiculite usually comes in 4 cubic feet bags. The bags are usually not labled real pretty. The link that you provided has a product description. In that, it says that the product dimensions are 5 inches X 18 inches X 19 inches. If that were full dimensions, (a bag is not) that would be 1710 cubic inches. A cubic foot is 1728 cubic inches. I'm just concerned.

EDIT: You posted while I was still counting on my toes .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

You're right, there is about 7.5 gallons in a cubic foot, which means this whole order is for about 1.5 gallons at most!

My 36" Pompeii Build

Comment

Check Laf. Masonry for perlite. I think I saw some in there, if not I have a few bags I can sell you.
              It is insulation to put in block, I think it costs around 9 for a big bag. Don't quote me on that. Zonalite is very similar, but I know of only one supplier and that is in North Judson. Probably not worth the drive, HD and Menards has vermiculite for around 23/bag.

These are last years prices off the top of my head so take it for what it is worth.
              The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

I will check with Lafayette. Bennett's is the only line I've found on big bags.

Thanks.

My 36" Pompeii Build

Comment

Working...
                X