Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All those who used Thermo-12 Gold. Are you happy with the choice with hindsight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All those who used Thermo-12 Gold. Are you happy with the choice with hindsight?

I'm about to push the button on the Thermo12 Gold Cal Sil but I noticed in one of the threads someone suggested it was not as good an insulator as straight Calsil and somebody else was concerned about a compression of rate of 5%.

All those who used Thermo are you happy with the choice in the end? Good insulation and a good flat surface to build on? I was going to use 4" in the end.

It's rating seems to be .67 btu - in/(hr.ft2.f) or 0.96 W/m C and whilst I don't really understand the scale it doesn't seem far off FB board.

Thanks again to everyone in this very helpful forum.

Regards

Toby

Re: All those who used Thermo-12 Gold. Are you happy with the choice with hindsight?

I don't have a similar oven with a different insulator to compare it to. But, the Thermo-12 Gold has performed great for me. Given similar circumstances, availability, etc. I would use it on another oven.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Re: All those who used Thermo-12 Gold. Are you happy with the choice with hindsight?

Wonderful thanks very much.

I'm not looking for anything record breaking but the ability to cook some bread the next morning would be lovely.

Toby

Comment

Working...
      X