FB board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB board

Hi. I am about to put down my insulation layer done with Vermiculite (3 1/2 inches). To play safe, I would like to put on top of it insulating boards but the FB one are pretty expensive to cover all the area I need (for a 42" it would be costing $280+ some hundreds for shipping...) Is there any cheaper alternative (even just to save on the shipping)?

Look up McGills warehouse. That is where I got mine. I think it was roughly 100$ per box of 2 24"x36" pices. So that is where I would go.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by iluvpizza View Post
      Hi. I am about to put down my insulation layer done with Vermiculite (3 1/2 inches). To play safe, I would like to put on top of it insulating boards but the FB one are pretty expensive to cover all the area I need (for a 42" it would be costing $280+ some hundreds for shipping...) Is there any cheaper alternative (even just to save on the shipping)?
      Depending on your exact location, I would try Distribution International. They have both FoamGlas and Ceramic Fiber Board in stock and locations countrywide. Their store finder shows locations in Hunt Valley, and Landover Maryland, as well as Alexandria VA. Many of us have used them with good results (no shipping). Google "distribution internaational" and Insulation and you'll get their website.

Comment

Looking at the following for use instead of the FB Board. https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/125/3682 part number or I would obviously need to stack it to get the thickness. Warehouse is right around the corner from house. No shipping.

Suggestions and opinions requested.

Comment

Working...
        X