Marble base coat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marble base coat???

I can't find the second coat stucco for my dome brick oven. I live in Naperville, it's not at menards, Home Depot or Lowes. The video uses marble base coat, and the installation guide says use insulated concrete. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Do you really need marble base coat? There are so many new tech stucco base/finish coats out there. Do a google on stucco suppliers in the Naperville area rather than the big box stores, Who knows they may even have the marble base aggregate base coat that you want. But don't limit yourself. BTW, which video and instructions are you referring to? As far as insulated concrete, not knowing what you oven insulation design is it is hard to comment, are we talking a perlite or vermeculite/concrete mix or a proprietary refractory mix?
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Russell, I appreciate your time. So I looked up various stucco products and I think I found what I need. The videos was referring to was from the video library from this website: https://www.fornobravo.com/fbtv/pizz...h0gp5HZgS0R1Cq

Be as it may, my base coat is super strong. I've never done stucco before and I am quite impressed with its strength. In fact, I've never done any masonry work before but I do a lot of research before I do something. I'll post a picture of what I have so far. Again, thank you for your help.

Comment

In think your base coat looks great. Are you doing three coats or just two? How did you seal around your chimney pipe? I am just trying to finish up my dome brick and then into insulation, p-crete, and stucco.

Comment

Two coats, one base coat, then a finishing coat. the chimney has a stand, a pipe and then the lid. The stand is screwed into the concrete with refractory mortar in between and I put some around to be sure. The pipe fits tightly into the stand and then the lid/top. I'll see if I have photos

Comment

You can zoom in to see the base of the chimney and the refractory mortar holding it in place. What you don't see are the concrete screws.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X