Suitable firebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable firebrick

I've only so far come across one manufacturing company where I stay that sells alumina bricks with the following ratings :
    Alumina % 40
    Iron oxide % 1.50
    A.P 21

None of them mention any silica and Ive also contacted them regarding the percentage to which they could not respond back too.
    Would I be able to use the above specified bricks for a pizza oven?

What is the balance of the composition it would normally be silica

Comment

The Alumina and iron are in the high duty range. Silica (SiO2) would normally be in the 50+ percentile range for that firebrick over here.That is probably what you will eventually find out for these brick. Ask them for a link to a product data sheet for the product. The company probably has an english translation for it. Also, the name of the company may help me search for it.

High duty fire brick will be a little harder to cut than low or medium duty firebrick. However, they will work just fine for the dome. Most advice is to get low or medium duty firebrick for the floor. But, if that is all you can source, I am sure that they will be alright to use.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I've contacted them to send over a data sheet but seems like they won't send it unless I make an order, which really doesn't make any sense. And on top of that, I am now very reluctant to buy it off the company since the sales guy is really pushing me to buy the 40% and assuring me that they will be fine for the pizza oven, but I've done a fair share of research to understand the higher rating of Alumina wouldn't be so great for the pizza bottom.

My last option would be head over to a trading site and have them supplied over from China. They seem to have data sheets online and suitable bricks of Alumina% less than 30.
        Thanks for the advice Gulf! Saw your build as well, I will definitely take some notes off of you once Im ready to build!

Comment

Found another company close to my country of residence! Would love some advice on the bricks. Here's the datasheet found on their website: http://www.misanomiddle-east.com/pdf/alumina1_eng.pdf
          A bit confused on which one would be suitable - the RM30, RM34 or RM RA?

Comment

I would call RM 30 a medium duty firebrick based on the chemical analysis (Al O2 29 %, Si O2 63%, Fe2 O2 1.8%). It should work just fine.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks so much! I'll make an enquiry on that.

Comment

Working...
              X